Friday, May 05, 2006

Two Down

I am pretty much wiped out.

I just finished my elementary probability test. (In a weird side note, I had the advanced probability course before I had the elementary one.) It was definitely challenging. Not much in it but "hat problems", i. e.

"A coat check girl is handing out hats to customers. If five customers give her their hats, and she hands them back at random, what is the probability that exactly two customers get their correct hat?"

Hat problems, special subcommittees were some Democrat didn't want to serve with some Republican (so, how many combinations), red and blue balls dropped in an urn, pulled out, blue balls added, weird dice rolls and all the enjoyable elementary probability problems you've come to expect. And, of course, good ol' Bayes and his theorem.

The test was 100 minutes long, and 95 percent of the class stayed there until the end. Tough exam. I feel I did well; but I really can't say.

Two days ago I had the intro statistics final. That one was a hard one, all sorts of problems about confidence intervals and how to make them narrower (he didn't go over these specific problems in class, but I doped them out). And it's multiple choice, so you can't get partial credit.

If my last two finals were so hard, I wonder what Math Foundations of AS is going to look like? That one happens Monday. Then a trip to Louisiana for my wife to gamble and then, on the 18th, Exam P.

However, like any college student, I had my runaround with the registrar. They were putting a hold on my future registration for classes until I could prove that I had taken courses to show that...I can read and write. My wife says, "you should just sit for those courses and take them." If this happens to me again (this is the second time it's happened), I might consider it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home