Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Usual


Right now, I'm driving into finals week. Stats final in three days, intro prob final in five days, and foundations of actuarial science in eight days.

How do I think I'll do? Well, I've got "A"s in all of the classes, and it would probably require me to seriously tank my finals to damage that. But, like any grind, insecurity is a hallmark of our personalities, despite the low probability of us making an "F" on a final.

So, we study. I've studied three hours yesterday, and will study three hours today.

And...I already took an exam on Saturday. I took the skills test for my Basic Cardiac Life Support test (I took the written part online). So I have my CPR card, and with my nursing license, I'm eligible for any full or part time nursing job in my state.

But no takers. A St. Anthony candle is lit right now, and it's burning in the kitchen.

As for actuarial science, Notre Dame is seeking to establish an actuarial science major. (Cribbed from the fine folx at Actuary.net.)

Tomorrow: final day of class. I'll let you know what's going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home