Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sick of It All


Historically, whenever I put a lot of effort into something -- exams, texts, major events -- what happens afterwards is that my poor overburdened immune system finally collapses.

That is what happened after Exam P. I didn't feel it until Monday, when I noticed that I had a sore throat. Then, it got worse and I essentially did as little as possible -- no study, no writing, nothing -- from Tuesday until Friday. This has been a lost week for me.

However, I am feeling better. It reminds me of the joke that being a graduate student is like the Seven Dwarfs.

You start out Dopey and Bashful.
Then you're Grumpy, Sneezy and Sleepy.
But then you become Doc, and you're Happy.

I think I got the sneezy part out of the way early.

1 Comments:

Blogger Y said...

James, get well soon!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home