Wednesday, March 15, 2006

An Offer of an Internship


After applying for every job under the sun, I was contacted by phone and offered an interview for an internship for an insurance company in California.

Ain't that the way life goes? Very funny, actually...here I am, I jump through hoops to apply for the Ph. D. program and BOOM!, I get a nibble.

My wife is familiar with California and she knew the location of the town. There is a potential for full time employment out here...and the internship is 10-12 weeks long...just long enough to fill up the summer.

I could just put off applying for the Ph. D. until 2007, and take the internship. The prospect of a job offer comes after the internship.

All I have to say is...wow. Then again, this is only an interview. It is not a tendered offer. So we'll see where we go from here. But still, after beating my head against a wall, it's good to see a crack in the wall after all the cracks in my head.

1 Comments:

Blogger Y said...

Hi there,

I stumbled upon your actuary blog. Very Interesting! I also linked your blog to my site so my actuarial friends can visit your blog too.

Anyway, good luck with your job searching !

Warmest,
YY

www.right-minded-actuary.com

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home